By Mayo Clinic Personnel
Beets contain vitamin C and folate.
Range of servings
- Nutritious carb
- Minimal Sodium
- 1 small bunch beets, or enough canned beets (no salt included) to make three cups, drained
- 1/four cup pink wine vinegar
- three tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drinking water
- eight cups fresh new salad greens
- 1/four cup chopped apple
- 1/four cup chopped celery
- Freshly floor pepper
- three tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/four cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Steam uncooked beets in drinking water in saucepan till tender. Slip off skins. Rinse to interesting. Slice in 1/two-inch rounds. In a medium bowl, toss with pink wine vinegar.
In a large bowl, incorporate balsamic vinegar, olive oil and drinking water. Include salad greens and toss.
Place greens onto individual salad plates. Top rated with sliced beets, and chopped apples and celery. Sprinkle with pepper, walnuts and cheese. Serve right away.
Nutritional assessment per serving
Serving measurement: 1 cup lettuce and 1/two cup beets
- Overall carbohydrate 9 g
- Dietary fiber two.5 g
- Sodium 115 mg
- Saturated unwanted fat 1.5 g
- Overall unwanted fat 5 g
- Trans unwanted fat g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Protein three g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat two g
- Calories 90
- Included sugars g
- Overall sugars six g
- Potassium 294 mg
- Fats and oils 1/two
- Veggies two
- Nuts, seeds and dry beans 1/two
- Fats 1
- Nonstarchy vegetables two
This recipe is one of 400 recipes gathered in the “Correct-It and Take pleasure in-It! Nutritious Cookbook” revealed by Very good Textbooks.
Nov. 12, 2021