(BPRW) Neighborhood Therapeutic Days 2021 TO Concentrate ON Emotional REPARATIONS FOR BLACK People
(Black PR Wire) NEW HAVEN, CT — Neighborhood Therapeutic Community has announced the agenda for the yearly observance of Neighborhood Therapeutic Days, coming up this weekend, October 15-seventeen. This year’s topic is: The Situation for Emotional Reparations. Launched in 2006 and endorsed by the late Dr. Maya Angelou, the celebration of Neighborhood Therapeutic Days is built to “put time for healing” at the prime of the Black community’s agenda—healing, as Dr. Angelou reported, “from the lies we’ve been explained to and the kinds we’ve explained to ourselves.”
Neighborhood Therapeutic Days is just one of a range of methods developed by CHN to mobilize Black persons across the African Diaspora to mend from, and extinguish, the lie that Black persons are inferior. “That lie,” reported CHN Founder and President Enola G. Aird, “is the most powerful weapon ever fashioned towards us, the root trigger of the unique problems we deal with as a persons, and the finest crime towards our humanity. Unless of course and until eventually we free ourselves and our children from this lie, our life will keep on to be devalued and we will keep on to be dehumanized.”
The three-day Neighborhood Therapeutic Days 2021 digital celebration will element:
one. On Friday, October 15, one:00-two:thirty pm, Japanese time, Black Scholars Making the Situation for Emotional Reparations. Panelists will consist of: Dr. Jameta Barlow, George Washington College Dr. Huberta Jackson-Lowman, Florida A & M College Dr. Onaje Muid, Male Co-Chair of N’COBRA’s Well being Fee and Dr. Raymond Winbush, Morgan State College. They will emphasis on the emotional injury brought about by the lie and what we can—and must—do to maintenance it
two. On Saturday, October 16, one:00-two:00 pm, Japanese time, An Hour of Emotional Refreshment with Dr. Jameta Barlow and
three. On Sunday, October seventeen, three:00-four:thirty pm, Japanese time, the presentation of the 2021 Neighborhood Healer Awards. This year’s honorees are:
• Rev. Odell Montgomery Cooper, author of Interruptions, a tale about turning discomfort into function
• Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Chair of the Southern Christian Leadership Meeting
• Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
• Dr. Wizdom Powell, Director of the Well being Equity Institute at the College of Connecticut
• Rev. Dr. Robert Turner, Pastor of Historic Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and reparations activist
• The 2021 Nationwide Neighborhood Healer Award–N’COBRA: The Nationwide Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America—Male Co-Chair Kamm Howard, and Woman Co-Chair Queenmother Mashariki Jywanza
• The 2021 Global Neighborhood Healer Award–Her Excellency Ambassador Arikana Chihombori-Quao, M.D., former Ambassador of the African Union to the United States, and Founder and President of the African Diaspora Improvement Institute (ADDI).
# # #
Neighborhood Therapeutic Community is a 501(c)(three) nonprofit corporation focused completely on mobilizing Black persons across the African Diaspora to mend from, and conclude, the trauma brought about by the lie of White superiority and Black inferiority—told generations in the past to justify the enslavement of Africans and the exploitation of Africa. CHN’s near time period goal is to make 2020 to 2030 the 10 years to Embrace the Real truth of Black Humanity.
For extra info, be sure to go to https://conta.cc/3v2PrAl
Push Speak to:
Nia Campinha-Bacote, CHN Neighborhood Supervisor, [email protected]
The articles and views expressed inside this press release are all those of the author(s) and/or represented companies, and are not always shared by Black PR Wire. The author(s) and/or represented companies are entirely dependable for the information and the precision of the articles of this Push release. Black PR Wire reserves the appropriate to reject a press release if, in the see of Black PR Wire, the articles of the release is unsuitable for distribution.