By Mayo Clinic Team
This recipe calls for much less included sugar than common quick bread recipes. Fruit, spices and vanilla make this bread flavorful.
Quantity of servings
- Healthful carb
- Reduced Sodium
- 1/two cup sifted all-reason flour
- 1 cup complete-wheat flour
- two teaspoons baking powder
- 1/two teaspoon baking soda
- 1/two teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/four teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/three cup canola oil
- 1/four cup, plus two tablespoons, firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/three cup skim milk
- two tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- two egg whites, or egg substitute equal to 1 egg, overwhelmed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/two cups shredded carrots
- two tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 375 F. Spray two 1/two-by-four 1/two-by-8 1/two-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a smaller bowl, incorporate 1st six dry substances. Set aside.
Applying a mixer, or stirring vigorously by hand, product oil and sugar in a significant bowl. Beat in milk, orange juice, egg, vanilla and orange rind. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts. Increase reserved dry substances. Combine nicely.
Spoon batter into loaf pan. Bake for forty five minutes, or until eventually wooden pick inserted in heart arrives out clean. Amazing in pan ten minutes. Remove from pan and enable cool absolutely on wire rack.
Dietary investigation for each serving
Serving dimension: 1/two-inch slice
- Overall carbohydrate thirteen g
- Nutritional fiber 1 g
- Sodium 108 mg
- Saturated extra fat .five g
- Overall extra fat five g
- Trans extra fat g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Protein two g
- Monounsaturated extra fat three g
- Energy 102
- Included sugars three g
- Overall sugars five g
- Potassium sixty one mg
- Grains and grain merchandise 1
- Fat and oils 1
This recipe is one particular of four hundred recipes gathered in the “Fix-It and Delight in-It! Healthful Cookbook” published by Great Guides.
Nov. 02, 2021