Night time leg cramps, also referred to as nocturnal leg cramps, are unpleasant, involuntary contractions or spasms of muscle tissues in your legs, usually developing when you happen to be in mattress. Night time leg cramps usually contain your calf muscle tissues, even though muscle tissues in your feet or thighs could possibly cramp as nicely. Forcefully stretching the contracted muscle mass relieves the ache.Dec. 09, 2020
- Winkelman JW. Nocturnal leg cramps. http://www.uptodate.com/property. Accessed Nov. 28, 2015.
- Monderer RS, et al. Nocturnal leg cramps. Existing Neurology and Neuroscience Experiences. 201010:53.
- Allen RE, et al. Nocturnal leg cramps. American Loved ones Medical professional. 201286:350.
- Wilkinson JM (expert feeling). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 1, 2015.
- Garrison SR, et al. Nocturnal leg cramps and prescription use that precedes them. Archives of Interior Medicine. 2012172:a hundred and twenty.