By Mayo Clinic Staff
Marinara sauce is a basic tomato sauce you can make at dwelling.
Amount of servings
- Low Sodium
- Wholesome carb
- Higher Fiber
- 2 tablespoons added-virgin olive oil, divided
- ten significant new tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped new basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/eight teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 2 red peppers, sliced into chunks
- 1 yellow summer season squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into 1/four-inch-vast rounds
- eight ounces complete-wheat spaghetti
Get started by earning the marinara sauce. In a major skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in excess of medium-superior heat. Increase tomatoes, sugar, garlic, chopped onion, basil, oregano and black pepper. Simmer uncovered right until the sauce thickens, about thirty minutes.
Get ready a very hot hearth in a charcoal grill or heat a gasoline grill or broiler. Away from the heat supply, flippantly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Placement the cooking rack four to six inches from the heat supply.
Brush the red peppers, squash, zucchini and sweet onion with the remaining olive oil. Location the greens on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil, turning as necessary, right until the greens are tender, about 5 to eight minutes. Transfer the greens to a bowl and established aside.
Fill a significant pot three/four whole with h2o and provide to a boil. Increase the pasta and cook dinner according to the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta.
Toss pasta with the sauce and grilled greens. Serve right away.
Nutritional investigation for each serving
Serving dimensions: About 1 cup pasta and 1 cup sauce
- Energy 363
- Whole body fat ten g
- Saturated body fat 1 g
- Trans body fat g
- Monounsaturated body fat 5 g
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium 23 mg
- Whole carbohydrate sixty five g
- Dietary fiber twelve g
- Whole sugars 17 g
- Additional sugars 1 g
- Protein twelve g
- Veggies four
- Carbs 2
- Fat 2
- Starches three
- Nonstarchy greens four
- Fat 2
- Grains and grain merchandise three
- Veggies four
- Fat and oils 2
May well 15, 2021