By Mayo Clinic Personnel
Scampi typically refers to shrimp protected in butter. This version replaces fifty percent of the butter with olive oil.
Range of servings
- eight ounces uncooked spaghetti
- three tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs . substantial shrimp, peeled and deveined
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- one/4 cup chopped shallots or inexperienced onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- one/4 cup chopped parsley
- one/4 teaspoon salt
- Floor black pepper, to flavor
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fill a substantial pot three/4 entire with drinking water and convey to a boil. Add the pasta and cook dinner according to bundle directions. Drain the pasta carefully.
When the pasta is cooking, warmth one tablespoon olive oil in a substantial saucepan about medium warmth. Add the shrimp and cook dinner for 2 to three minutes on every side. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and hold warm.
Add garlic and shallots to the saucepan and cook dinner right up until fragrant, about ten seconds. Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and brandy or sherry, if sought after.
Get rid of the saucepan from the warmth. Add the cooked shrimp in addition 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Toss right up until shrimp are coated with sauce.
Divide pasta amid warmed specific bowls. Top rated with shrimp and sauce. Provide straight away.
Nutritional examination per serving
Serving dimension: one cup pasta and shrimp
- Total unwanted fat 12 g
- Calories 376
- Protein 36 g
- Cholesterol 254 mg
- Total carbohydrate 31 g
- Nutritional fiber 2 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat six g
- Saturated unwanted fat 4 g
- Included sugars g
- Sodium 344 mg
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Potassium 537 mg
- Total sugars 2 g
- Protein and dairy one
- Fat 2.five
- Carbohydrates 2
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Fat 2.five
- Starches 2
- Grains and grain products and solutions 2
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Fat and oils 2.five
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foodstuff Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Educational Sequence 2001:550.