By Mayo Clinic Personnel
Stone-ground cornmeal is a superior resource of nutrition, which includes fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Amount of servings
- 1 cup all-function flour
- 1/four cup sugar
- two teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup extra fat-totally free milk
- four tablespoons (or 1/four cup) vegetable oil
- 1/two cup egg substitute
- 1 1/four cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup refreshing or product-style corn
- 1/two eco-friendly bell pepper, chopped
Heat the oven to 400 F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a significant bowl, insert the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to combine evenly.
In a individual bowl, merge the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and eco-friendly pepper. Insert to the flour combination and blend just till moistened but nevertheless somewhat lumpy.
Divide the combination among the twelve muffin liners. Bake twenty minutes or till muffins are light brown.
Dietary examination for each serving
Serving dimension: 1 muffin
- Complete extra fat five g
- Energy 168
- Protein four g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Complete carbohydrate 26 g
- Nutritional fiber 1.five g
- Monounsaturated extra fat two g
- Saturated extra fat 1 g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans extra fat g
- Additional sugars four g
- Complete sugars 7 g
- Grains and grain solutions two
- Fats and oils 1
Aug. 10, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Instructional Sequence 2001:a hundred sixty five.