By Mayo Clinic Employees
Frittata is an Italian omelet with the ingredients combined into the eggs instead than remaining folded inside of. This edition uses egg whites in its place of complete eggs to cut down the calories, unwanted fat and cholesterol.
Variety of servings
- one/two inexperienced or pink bell pepper, diced
- four new mushrooms, sliced (about one/two cup)
- six egg whites
- one/two cup salsa, reserve two tablespoons for garnish
- one/two cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat the broiler. Place the rack four inches from the warmth supply.
Frivolously coat a weighty, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Area on the stove around medium warmth and add peppers and mushrooms. Saute right until vegetables are tender, about five minutes.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg whites and one/two cup of the salsa. Pour the egg white combination into the skillet with the vegetables and cook dinner right until partly established, about five minutes. Will not attempt to blend or scramble the combination. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Area the skillet beneath the broiler and cook dinner right until the cheese is melted and eggs are established, about five minutes.
Divide the frittata in 50 percent and spoon onto particular person plates. Garnish just about every serving with one tablespoon salsa and serve promptly.
Dietary evaluation for each serving
Serving dimension: Fifty percent of frittata
- Total unwanted fat 10 g
- Energy 189
- Protein 19 g
- Cholesterol thirty mg
- Total carbohydrate seven g
- Nutritional fiber two g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat 3 g
- Saturated unwanted fat five g
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Sodium 699 mg
- Extra sugars g
- Total sugars four g
- Potassium 430 mg
- Protein and dairy one.five
- Veggies one
- Meat and meat substitutes two
- Nonstarchy vegetables one
- Meats, poultry and fish one
- Veggies one
- Dairy meals (very low-unwanted fat or unwanted fat-free) one
Aug. 10, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foods Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Academic Sequence 2001:250.