Countrywide Library of Medication
Office of Health and Human Services, Countrywide Institutes of Health
CLOSING Date: January 16, 2022
Supervisory Librarian (DE) Position Announcement Amount: NIH-NLM-DE-22-11275184
You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Countrywide to apply. Normally, candidates who are moving into Federal services for the 1st time from the private sector will will need to apply for delegated inspecting positions.
Supervisory Librarian (MP) Position Announcement Amount: NIH-NLM-MP-22-11274516
You must be a latest or previous federal employee suitable to apply beneath merit promotion methods or in any other case be suitable as a standing applicant (e.g., Veterans Work Opportunity Act).
SUMMARY: This situation is situated in the Division of Library Operations (DLO), Countrywide Library of Medication. DLO selects, acquires, and catalogs biomedical publications furnishes reference and doc shipping and delivery solutions prepares and publishes indexes, and other publications for the use by the biomedical neighborhood administers countrywide biomedical facts retrieval solutions supports scientific terminology and health information benchmarks and coordinates the Community of the Countrywide Library of Medication.
Obligations: As a Supervisory Librarian, you will:
- Prepare, direct, and deliver strategic management for cataloging and metadata management and mapping solutions for biomedical literature and other means obtained for the NLM collection, like the development and servicing of bibliographic and authority information according to countrywide benchmarks.
- Continue to keep knowledgeable of new cataloging procedures and approaches and as relevant, introduce them into NLM workflows and methods.
- With the support of subordinate supervisors, plan, direct, and supervise the things to do of around 20 skilled librarians, specialized facts specialists and library specialized aid personnel engaged in cataloging and providing metadata management and mapping solutions.
- Assess subordinates make effective selection tips for subordinate personnel listen to group grievances, serious employee grievances and disciplinary challenges and acquire initiative to take care of them.
- Immediate Area participation in the enhancement, enhancement, and use of automation aid for cataloging and metadata management functions.
- Distribute device-readable information in MARC, XML, as linked information, and other regular neighborhood formats.
- Oversee metadata mapping solutions which deliver information to significant interior NLM items these types of as PubMed and Electronic Collections.
- Oversee the enhancement, servicing, and publication of the NLM Classification.
- Serve as a specialized authority and spokesperson on NLM cataloging, metadata and classification solutions, insurance policies, and methods.
- Participate in countrywide and worldwide bibliographic management courses and benchmarks enhancement.
- Represent the Library to different skilled groups and corporations and build and maintain contacts with key officials of the Library of Congress, OCLC, and other libraries and facts facilities.
Place: Bethesda, MD
Qualifications: In order to qualify for a Supervisory Librarian, GS-1410 situation at the GS-fourteen level, you must have:
A. productively finished at least one full educational 12 months of graduate review in library science in an accredited school or college, in addition to completion of all operate expected for a bachelor’s degree in any area OR
B. a overall of at least 5 a long time of mixed school-level instruction, training, and/or working experience. This instruction, training, and/or working experience must have furnished you with a know-how and knowledge of the theories, concepts, and approaches of skilled librarianship know-how of literature means and the know-how and abilities important for providing effective library and facts solutions.
For a full list of skills, go to the USAJOBS announcement.
Education and learning: This situation has an instruction prerequisite. You are strongly encouraged to submit a duplicate of your transcripts (or a list of your programs like titles, credit rating hrs finished and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the software package deal. Formal transcripts will be expected from all selectees prior to obtaining an official provide.
For a full list of educational prerequisites, go to the USAJOBS announcement.
You should get in touch with Jennifer Marill, Chief, Complex Services Division, at [email protected] with concerns about the situation.
You should get in touch with Fettina Bryant, Human Assets Expert, at [email protected] or 301-594-1921 with concerns about the software procedure or standing of the software.